Monday, September 29, 2014

Fashion College Due Date Chart

Fashion College Due Date Chart

Every fashion school Mimi is applying to has different due dates and procedures!!

The reason for this blog is because applying to a fashion school is so different than a USA state university - all on the common app and most not needing a portfolio.

 Having said that, all the art and fashion schools in London use a British common app - UCAS.  The schools Mimi is interested there all have the same application due date of January 15th but Kingston University has urged students to start ASAP as it fills up quickly.  The essay, letters of recommendation requirements, and portfolio's are different from each other.  But each school will have a admission's counselor assigned to Mimi - that's good.

a snapshot from her trip over this summer - see older posts for more information on the schools we visited

My last shot at trying to be helpful - senior year is busy, she's got a job after school, and directing a school play!  I wasn't a propeller mom for my other children - but this fashion school programs are in need of organizing!  I made Mimi a chart.
It's taped on her closet door - which is coated in chalk board paint in case you were wondering about the black with white scribbles behind the chart!  

I made columns for the application deadlines, non binding early decision, rolling admissions, who wants an interview at National Portfolio Day (School of Art Institute Chicago does) and do they want the SAT scores - FIT does not! Yet, their portfolio requirements are the most vigorous.Christian Lacroix Couture Spring 2009 by Pippa McManus
  I printed out the portfolio requirements when they were detailed oriented and Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising provided a male and female croquis Fashion Sketch Body To great fashion designer
for her to use.

I separated the London and Paris schools from the stateside ones - they wouldn't fit all on one sheet of  paper and I wanted the Kingston ASAP to stand out!!


Well, that's all I can do but be supportive.  On the Europe one I wrote "Je Peux" which translates to "I Can!"  I think I'll go back and write that in English on the American chart!


Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment